Friday, July 13

What This Blog is All About

A quite hilarious yet kind of true quote was stated in the 2011 film Contagion about blogging. It states, "Blogging is not writing it's graffiti with punctuation." I find the film to be quite forgettable for having so many heavy hitting talent involved in it, but this quote stuck with me. I had never thought of a blog in that way but when I heard the quote it made perfect sense to me.
Some people find graffiti to be a plague to society and that it is linked to gang infested communities or impoverished cities. Others may see it as art and culture where the artist is able to express the way they feel. The way I see it is graffiti is expression whether it is a satire on harsh truths about society or a sign letting people know that this is their turf. I see blogging as the same way which is why I have decided to give it a try. I have a lot of thoughts in my head and instead of making my friends listen to my ramblings about things that they don't even care about (even though I'm going to do it anyway) I decided to put on the Internet so that everyone can see my thoughts...if they happen to come across this page. So, what shall I ramble on about?
Well, as a college student studying Film and my out of control addiction to Television and Movies I feel like it is only right for me to talk about the plight that is our political system and our debt deficit  that is out of control. Just kidding I will obviously be talking about my thoughts on what is happening in the Entertainment world of television and film. I will make observations and give my thoughts about things that interest me or bother me to the point that it boils inside of me and festers and festers until I have no choice but to unleash a tirade on here. It doesn't happen often but when it does it can get a little unhinged.
So, if this interest you come back and let me know what you think about my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment